Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lemon and Herb Tilapia

Another Friday during Lent. Josh was having some meaty leftovers, so I decided to quickly pan-fry some tilapia filets for myself. These only take a few minutes, and I just picked some spices I had on hand. I used Italian style herbs, but you could also use cajun seasoning or a citrus blend.Lemon and Herb Pan-fried Tilapia
serves 1 as written

2 small tilapia filets
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Dry the tilapia filets with a paper towel to remove excess moisture (this will help them get a nice color on the outside).
2. Rub the Italian seasoning on each side of each filet and pan fry for a few minutes on each side.
3. Remove from pan and top with freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice. Enjoy!

REVIEW:
This was nice and light, and very easy. I like to keep a bag of individually vacuum packed tilapia filets in the freezer - just defrost in the fridge a day ahead of time. You could serve it over rice, and with a veggie for a more complete meal. Or you could have a big bowl of popcorn after dinner like I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment