Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fajita Marinade

Every once in a while I'll pick up a steak for us to grill, and this time we decided to make fajitas. I looked around for a marinade and found this on Culinary Cafe, so I thought we'd give it a try. This turned out very good, but we aren't picky when it comes to Mexican!

Fajita Marinade

4-5 large garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup balsamic or red wine vinegar
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped roughly

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix all ingredients in a zippered bag. Add beef or chicken, marinate 4 hours for beef or at least 2 for chicken.
2. Grill for best results, or you could also broil.
3. We also grilled some peppers and onions, then sliced up the beef and made fajitas topped with cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and green onion.
REVIEW:
This meat was very flavorful, so I think the marinade is a winner with us. There are so many marinades out there though - we have a tendency to keep trying new things. I would like to try this one with chicken since I don't prefer to eat beef - sometimes my opinions are thrown by the cut of beef instead of the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment