Every now and then, Josh wants to get into the kitchen. I have been trying to limit the amount of sweets I keep around the house, so Josh took matters into his own hands and made a very yummy loaf of banana bread. (He hasn't mastered the tooth-pick test yet, so it was a little over-done, but it didn't matter. It was still very good!)Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 c granulated sugar
1/2 c butter, softened (1 stick)
1 1/2 c mashed bananas
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
2. Cream sugar and butter; beat in the mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Combine dry ingredients and stir into the first mixture just until moistened.
4. Fold in chocolate chips until well incorporated.
5. Pour batter into greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Cover loosely with a tent of aluminum foil. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 3o to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted tests done. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool banana bread completely before slicing. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
This was a very good banana bread. Not too sweet, and not too dense. We might try this again, just to practice the tooth pick test!