Friday, April 10, 2009

Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Carmelized Onions and Fresh Basil

The title pretty much says it all. I wanted to use up some of the random left over ingredients in my fridge, and this was a quick and easy lunch! I got the idea from Brianna at Oishii.Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Carmelized Onions and Fresh Basil
makes one quesadilla

2 tortilla shells (I used 6")
Goat cheese (I used about 2 Tbsp spreadable)
1 small onion, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
Fresh Basil, chopped

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Toss in onion slices and cook until light brown, stirring often.
2. Spread goat cheese on one side of each tortilla.
3. Remove onion slides from the skillet and place on one of the tortillas. Sprinkle with basil. Place other tortilla, goat cheese side down, on top, making a sandwich.
4. Place the tortillas back into the pan for about 2 minutes on each side to toast the tortillas. Slice and enjoy!

REVIEW:
This was a great lunchtime snack for me, but would also make a nice appetizer. Tomatoes or mushrooms would also be nice additions.

1 comment: