Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Frosting

I found this courtesy of Annie when I was making Cookies and Cream cake. It really is the perfect chocolate frosting. Irresistible.Perfectly Chocolate Frosting
original recipe from Hershey's

½ c. unsalted butter (1 stick)

2/3 c. cocoa powder

3 c. confectioners’ sugar

1/3 c. milk (I used skim)

1 tsp. vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS:

1. Melt the butter in a medium bowl. Stir in the cocoa. Alternately add confectioners’ sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.

2. Stop eating it out of the bowl!


REVIEW:

Ohmygoshthisissogood. Perfect chocolate frosting. Don't tell Hershey's that I used Nestle cocoa powder. But seriously - this is great for covering cakes, spreadable - a great consistency. I recommend all around.


3 comments:

  1. I tried this frosing tonight and as i sit here haveing a piece of french vanilla cake with this chocolate frosting i am saying good job self!! I whipped this a few minutes and it is light and creamy. It also made enough to frost a 2 layer cake. So if you look and look for a good chocolate frosting you found it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use this frosting recipe! It is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Especially if you substitute the milk with strong brewed coffee....Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you need to refrigerate the cake once it is frosted since the frosting contains butter or do you leave your cake out in a cool place?

    ReplyDelete