Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings

We had a low-key Saturday planned, and I knew we would be watching a lot of football. Chicken wings are a great football snack, so I whipped some up buffalo wings for us to snack on during the UofM game.

Buffalo Chicken Wings

serves 2

~2 lbs chicken wings
1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. hot sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
3 Tbsp. butter
celery and ranch for serving, if desired

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 425 deg F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place chicken wings/pieces on baking sheet and bake at 425 deg F for 25 minutes.
2. Melt butter. Add butter and 1/4 c. hot sauce to a large Ziploc bag. Remove chicken wings from oven and toss them in the sauce in the bag. Replace wings on baking sheet and bake for another 20 minutes.
3. Remove chicken wings to a plate. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. hot sauce, if you like them hot. Serve with ranch and celery sticks as desired.

REVIEW:
These were good. We like them spicy, so I added a little extra hot sauce at the end. Next time I think I will try Frank's Buffalo Sauce, since I think that is thicker and my one complaint about this is how runny the sauce is when you first toss the wings, it doesn't seem like enough of it sticks. These were pretty spicy though!

1 comment:

  1. They look great. I LOVE chicken wings so I really want to try these!! They look simple but really tasty.

    ReplyDelete