Friday, May 29, 2009

Frozen Fruit Cups

Here is one more freezer recipe I made for my cousin's family. These fruit cups are great - they are reasonably healthy, and great for a grab-and-go snack. Just let them sit out for ~15 min then enjoy! No cooking required, and they are very easy to make. Its a shame I didn't try one myself.
Frozen Fruit Cups
adapted from life clinic/Equal

1 8oz package fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
1 Tbsp no-calorie sweetener
2-3 tsp. lemon juice
3-4 c. fruit, use any of the following: berries (blue/rasp/straw), mandarin oranges, peaches, pineapple (I used 1 cup canned peaches, 1 cup frozen blueberries, and 1 cup mandarin oranges)
12 pecan halves, optional

DIRECTIONS:
1. Beat cream cheese, yogurt, sweetener, and lemon juice together until smooth. Gently stir in fruit. (Mine look purple b/c I used frozen blueberries, and the juice colored the mixture.)
2. Spoon mixture into 12 paper lined muffin cups until full. Top with additional fruit and pecan halves if desired.
3. Freeze until firm, 6-8 hours. To serve, let sit out at room temp for 15 minutes to slightly soften, then enjoy!
REVIEW:
These looked good, and were very easy to put together. I'm hoping the kids liked them! I'll have to make these for myself at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment