Here is another freezer meal I made for my cousin's family. It looked like a good spin on spaghetti that would be easy to freeze. Once again, I wish I had better pictures, but this is all I got...Spaghetti Pie
adapted from Missy at Freezer Friendz
1.5 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
10 oz. spaghetti (cooked al dente)
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs (well beaten)
2 c. cottage cheese (I use low-fat)
1 24-28 oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese (needed on serving day)
1. Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray.
2. Cook spaghetti and drain. To the cooked spaghetti mix in the butter, Parmesan cheese, and eggs and form into a crust that covers the bottom of your 9x13 pan.
3. Spread the cottage cheese over your noodles.
4. Brown the turkey/beef and add to your favorite sauce then spread over the cottage cheese.
5. FREEZE (I covered with aluminum foil, then the pan lid.)
Bake at 350 for 30 min. Add mozzarella cheese and put back in oven till it melts. Enjoy!
This recipe made a lot of food - plenty for a family of 6. This recipe took a little longer to put together because of cooking the noodles and browning the meat; but the assembly was still simple. Josh really wanted to try this, so I might make it for us at some point. When I do, I will definitely add some Italian seasoning to the sauce, or maybe make the sauce from scratch. But for a freezer meal, the jarred was fine.