Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Spaghetti Pie

Here is another freezer meal I made for my cousin's family. It looked like a good spin on spaghetti that would be easy to freeze. Once again, I wish I had better pictures, but this is all I got...Spaghetti Pie
adapted from Missy at Freezer Friendz

1.5 lb. ground turkey (or beef)
10 oz. spaghetti (cooked al dente)
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs (well beaten)
2 c. cottage cheese (I use low-fat)
1 24-28 oz. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese (needed on serving day)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray.
2. Cook spaghetti and drain. To the cooked spaghetti mix in the butter, Parmesan cheese, and eggs and form into a crust that covers the bottom of your 9x13 pan.
3. Spread the cottage cheese over your noodles.
4. Brown the turkey/beef and add to your favorite sauce then spread over the cottage cheese.
5. FREEZE (I covered with aluminum foil, then the pan lid.)

To SERVE:
Bake at 350 for 30 min. Add mozzarella cheese and put back in oven till it melts. Enjoy!

REVIEW:
This recipe made a lot of food - plenty for a family of 6. This recipe took a little longer to put together because of cooking the noodles and browning the meat; but the assembly was still simple. Josh really wanted to try this, so I might make it for us at some point. When I do, I will definitely add some Italian seasoning to the sauce, or maybe make the sauce from scratch. But for a freezer meal, the jarred was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment