Sunday, March 15, 2009

Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin

I got a boneless pork loin on sale last week, and I was looking for a new recipe. I found this one which got really reviews, and I like cooking with balsamic vinegar. The pork roast came out very moist!
Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin
serves 6, but this would make enough marinade for a 3-4 pound roast

2 Tbsp steak seasoning rub (I used 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash extra spicy and 1 Tbsp McCormick garlic rub)
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil
~2 lb. boneless pork loin roast (mine was 1.8 lbs)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Dissolve seasoning in vinegar, then stir in olive oil. Place pork in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over top. Marinate for 2 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
3. Place pork in glass baking dish along with marinade. Bake, basting occasionally, until internal temp of pork is 145 deg F, about 1 hour. Let roast rest for 10 min before slicing and serving. Enjoy!

REVIEW:
This was nice and moist, and the vinegar wasn't overpowering. Definitely something I would consider making again.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy - and not too hard to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A note for myself - Rachel Ray has a similar balsamic tenderloin recipe with garlic - look that one up for next time!

    ReplyDelete