Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fruit Smoothies

This is a great, healthy, go-to snack. Smoothies are super refreshing after a good workout, and you could add some protein powder if you wanted to for an extra boost. (Sorry about the crappy pictures. I really need to work on my food photography skills.)

Fruit Smoothie
serves 1 as written

6 oz plain nonfat yogurt (you could certainly use any flavor you prefer though)
1 - 1.5 c. frozen fruit (I used strawberries here, but mixed berry is one of my favorites! Also, you could use fresh fruit, but you will have to add some ice to get a good consistency)
1/2 c. milk (I use skim)
2 Tbsp Splenda

1. Put all ingredients in blender. Blend! (I use my Magic Bullet, and it is perfect for this!)

1 comment:

  1. These are soooo good. Yes, the Magic Bullet is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete