Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cheesy Mexican Chicken

We like cheese, and we like chicken... so this was a winner! I got this recipes years and years ago from a friends mom, and the only change I make is to add more cheese ;) Oh, and this doesn't photograph well. I took about a dozen pictures, and it doesn't get any better than this:Cheesy Mexican Chicken
serves ~6

6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded ~ 1/4 inch thick (I used 3 large)
1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup (I used reduced fat)
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 c. milk (I used skim)
1.5 c. shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided (I used ~2 cups)
2 c. corn chips (aka Fritos)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 deg F. Spray 9x13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of baking dish.
2. Mix soup, milk, taco seasoning, and ~1 cup of cheese in a bowl. Pour over chicken and spread until mostly even. Top with corn chips.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 min.
4. Remove from oven and remove cover. Top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. Let set for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!REVIEW:
Josh said this needed more cheese. So I guess 33% more wasn't enough. I told you we were cheesy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment